How to use
This solver offers a number of features to help you improve your solving skills and practice solving strategies.
First enter the numbers of the sudoku directly in the grid or enter them via the "Load" and "Seed" buttons.
You can then completely solve the puzzle or use the appropriate buttons to check the validity of the puzzle, get tips for step by step solving and much more.
See the button descriptions below for more information.
This is what the buttons do:
- Hint: Get a hint.
- Show Candidates: Display candidate
values for empty cells
- Hide Candidates: Hides candidate
values in empty cells
- Solve:Solves the Sudoku puzzle
- Solve Cell: Solves a single cell.
Click in the cell you want to solve first, then click this button
- Check: Checks if the Sudoku puzzle
is valid and can be solved
- Check Uniqueness: Checks if the
Sudoku has a unique solution
- Rate Difficulty: Displays a
difficulty rating of the Sudoku
- Print: Opens a new window from
which the Sudoku can be printed
- Clear: Clears the puzzle
- Save: Generates a file containing
the current values in the Sudoku grid for downloading
- Load: Uploads a saved Sudoku into
- Random Sudoku: Seeds the grid with
a random Sudoku
- Editing Candidates:
|First display the candidates by clicking on the
"Show Candidates" button
||Click on the candidate and it will disappear
||Click on the position where the candidate is normally displayed
and it will reappear
|Entering a value
||Double click in the cell and type in the number
Comments and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org